- REGULAR WEEK DAYS CLASSES
- MORNING AND EVENING TIMINGS ARE AVAILABLE
- SMALL BATCHES MAXIMUM 10 STUDENTS IN EACH BATCH
- WEEKEND CLASSES ARE ALSO AVAILABLE
- HIGHLY EXPERIENCED RESULT ORIENTED FACULTY
- TEACHING ON THE BASIS OF MICRO &MACRO LEVEL ANALYSIS
- COMPLETE & EXHAUSTIVE STUDY MATERIAL
- SPECIAL DOUBT CLEARING SESSION
- CA-COMMON PROFICIENCY TEST (CPT)
About Common Proficiency Test (CA- CPT)
It is an entry levels test for Chartered Accountancy Course which is designed in the pattern of engineering, medical and other professional courses. This is the entrance examination which tests whether a student has a right aptitude to become a chartered accountant.
CA-CPT tests a student in four areas viz. Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude. This test is divided into two sessions of two hours each. CPT is an objective type test with negative marking for each wrong portion.
FOR REGISTRATION AND ELIGIBILITY FOR CPT COURSE
A student must have passed the 10th standard examination. After passing class 10th, a student is eligible for registration for Common Proficiency Test.
But a student can appear for CA-CPT only if he appeared in the senior secondary Examination (10+2).
TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION TO THE CPT COURSE
A student is required to apply in the prescribed from.
- A student may buy Prospectus remitting Rs.100. The application form is available in the prospectus.
- Alternatively, the application form can be downloaded from website icai.org as per the link below.
- While submitting the filled-in application form, a student has to remit Rs.100 for Prospectus along with registration and tuition fee.
The registration and tuition fee is Rs.6,000, which is to be remitted along with filled in application form.
In case a student submits downloaded application form, he should remit Rs.6,100 (Rs.100 for prospectus. A copy of the prospectus will be sending to him along with the study package).
SUBMISSION OF FILLED-IN APPLICATION FORM
The application form can be obtained and / or submitted to the following Officers of the Institute in consonance with the address of the student as stated below;
STUDENTS BELONGING TO DISPATCH ADDRESS OF
Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab& Union Territory of Chandigarh, Northern India Regional Council of
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India,
ICAI BHAWAN,52-54, Vishwas Nagar, Delhi-110032,
Phone: 011-39893990, Fax: 011-30210680, E-mail: email@example.com
The students should make the draft payable accordingly to Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Kanpur and New Delhi respectively.
SUBJECT WISE MARKS DIVISION
SESSION-1 (Two sections-Two hours-100 Marks)
- Section A: Fundamentals of Accounting (60 Marks)
- Section B: Mercantile Laws (40 Marks)
SESSION-2 (Two Sections-Two hours-100 Marks)
- Section C: General Economics (50 Marks)
- Section D: Quantitative Aptitude (50 Marks)
The Board of Studies provides a comprehensive study package including a large question bank.
The Board of Studies also provides a CD for self-assessment. Using the CD, a student can get question paper sets of different subjects and test his level of preparation.
In addition, Volume I & II of the Model Test Papers are also being supplied to the students with study materials.
EXAMINATION FORM AND FEE
A student has to follow the examination notification to be issued by the Examination Department of the ICAI and apply in the prescribed from along with the examination fee of Rs.600 (inclusive cost of application form & exam fee). The Examination Department will announce the examination centres and issue admit card.
THE QUALIFYING MARKS
The qualifying mark is 50%. A student has to remember that CPT is an objective type test with a ¼ negative marking for selecting wrong option.
JUNE AND DECEMBER
(Generally Third Sunday)
CPT Examination is being held twice in a year i.e., in June & December.
THE NEXT STEP AFTER PASSING CPT
After passing CPT and 10+2 examination conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto, a student may the join Chartered Accountancy Course.
Education of Chartered Accountancy is divided into two levels:
- Integrated professional Competence Course (CA- IPCC)
1.Group 1 & Group 2
Paper 1: Accounting(100 Marks)
Paper 2: Law, Ethics and Communication (100 Marks)
Part I: Law (60 Marks)
- Business Law( 30 Marks)
- Company Law (30 Marks)
Part II: Business Ethics(20 Marks)
Part III: Business Communication(20 Marks)
Paper 3: Cost Accounting and Financial Management (100 Marks)
Part I: Costing Accounting (50 Marks)
Part II: Financial Management (50 Marks)
Paper 4: Taxation (75 Marks)
Part I: Income Tax (50 Marks)
Part II: Service Tax and VAT (25 Marks)
Paper 5: Advanced Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper 6: Auditing and Assurance (100 Marks)
Paper 7: Information Technology and Strategic Management (100 Marks)
Part I: Information Technology (50 Marks)
Part II: Strategic Management (50 Marks)
- 2. 35 hours orientation programme
- 100 hours information technology training
- A part of article audit training of 3 years under a practising Chartered Accountant.
- CA – FINAL COURSE
Paper 1: Financial Reporting (100 Marks)
Paper 2: Strategic Financial Management (100 Marks)
Paper 3: Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics (100 Marks)
Paper 4: Corporate and Allied Laws (100 Marks)
Part I: Company Law (70 Marks)
Part II: Allied Law (30 Marks)
Paper 5: Advanced Management Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper 6: Information Systems control and Audit (100 Marks)
Paper 7: Direct Tax Laws (100 Marks)
Paper 8: Indirect Tax Laws (100 Marks)
Part I: Central Excise (40 Marks)
Part II: Service Tax & Vat (40 Marks)
Part III: Customs (20 Marks)
- A part of articled/audit Training of 3 years under a practicing Chartered Accountant.
- General management and communication skills training (GMCS).